Friday 25 April 2008

the big jump - el gran salto



getting up at 4am and rushing to the airport my farewell from thailand was rather short. when i woke up again we were about to land in melbourne, where the civilisation embraced me with clean air and working public transport. lucky enough my friend alexandra (from munich) invited me to stay at her living community and introduced me into melbourne´s night life. the city turned out to be full of interesting places to see and things to do maintaining it´s relaxed flair.
the first day alex and her flat-maids nora and nick took me to sorrento to the coast, introducing me to the more rural side of melbourne. in the evening we went out and had some "piss", the self-brewed beer by a homely bar with a pool-table. of course the pool-rules change from country to country with each one claiming them to be the international rules ;) how ever, we had lot of fun playing.
the next day i went to the city to explore the federation square - a cultural center like the museumsquartier in vienna - had a walk along the yarra river and went to the botanik garden with nora. all in all melbourne is a great place to be, a bit far away though ;)

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

madrugar a las 4 de la mañana y irme corriendo al aeropuerto suponía un despedida muy rápida de thailandia. cunado me desperté denuevo el avino ya estaba a punto de aterrizar en melbourne, donde la civilización me dio la bienvenida con aire limpio y transporte publico funcionando. afortunadamente mi amiga alexandra de munich me había invitado a quedarme en su casa compartida y me llevaba al centro para introducirme a la marcha australiana. la ciudad resultaba estar llena de sitios interesantes y cosas que hacer manteniendo su ambiente relajado.
el primer día alex y sus compañeros de casa nora y nick me llevaron a la costa de sorrento para ensenarme el lado mas rural de melbourne. por la noche tomamos "piss", cerveza hecha en un bar emblemático de la ciudad con una mesa de billar. por supuesto las reglas del billar cambian en cada país con cada uno convencido de saberse las reglas internacionales ;) de todas formas nos lo pasamos pipa.
el siguiente día me fui al centro para explorar la federation square - un centro cultural como el museumsquartier en viena - y di un paseo por el río yarra y por el jardin botanico con nora. melbourne me parece un sitio genial, un poco lejos quizás ;)

No comments: